1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,
    Please note, this area is for “General Things To Do In Surrey”
    If you have an event (with a date) or you’re looking for events in Surrey,
    try the Surrey Events Section

Eating out in Guildford Anyone had any bad experiences from Guildford restaurants?

Discussion in ‘Eating out in Surrey‘ started by viso4x, 4 Aug 2011.

1. viso4x

viso4x Surrey Resident (new)

The worst that I’ve had so far is a hair in my bean burger… but that’s what I get for eating at BK :(

I’ve found the restaurants in Guildford great. Every waitress / waiter friendly, the staff are always quick, polite and helpful

Anyone had bad experiences at Guildford restaurants?
  2. Maria

Maria Surrey Resident

Lol, I’ve found a fly in my fries at burger king before, so you’ve got all my sympathy!
    To be honest I’ve only had good restaurant experiences in Guildford so far…
    As far as I can remember anyway!
  3. Abbie

Abbie Surrey Resident

Most of my experiences have been fine.
    But I did have one bad experience in Pret A Manger! The waitress was rude and seemed really eager to get rid of us. Also our chips came out late, and cold. I probably will go back there at some point, hopefully with a better waitress/waiter it will be a better experience!
  4. Maria

Maria Surrey Resident

I didn’t know Pret a Manger did chips, it’s good to know! Even if they come to the table cold ;)
    where are they located in Guildford?
  5. Abbie

Abbie Surrey Resident

Oh dear, I have only just realised I got Pret A Manger and Cafe Rouge mixed up, I always do that… I don’t even know why!
    Any way my bad experience was at Cafe Rouge, which is in one of the side streets off of High Street (the main shopping street with River Island, Accesorize), I think it was the side street just before Tunsgate, on your right if you’re walking up the hill.
    There is a Pret A Manger in town as well, it’s in a side street off of North Street (the other shopping street with Argos and Burger King). If you walk up the hill on the right hand side you will see a Cornish pasty shop (Called West Cornwall Pasty I think), go down the lane next to this, and you will see Pret A Manger right in front of you! You can’t miss it :)
    Maria likes this.
  6. Maria

Maria Surrey Resident

Thanks Abbie! I don’t think I’ve ever been to Cafe Rouge actually, which is strange as there’s always been a branch wherever I have lived! So i definitely need to check it out one day :) Beside the moody waitress there, what did you think of the food?
  7. Abbie

Abbie Surrey Resident

I’ve been to a couple of Cafe Rouges, the food is good, but I wouldn’t say it’s anything special. Although everyone is different, a couple of my friends really like the place. It’s worth a try, hopefully you’ll have a better experience than me :)
  8. Maria

Maria Surrey Resident

Cool, thanks for the info Abbie :)