1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,
    Please note, this area is for “General Things To Do In Surrey”
    If you have an event (with a date) or you’re looking for events in Surrey,
    try the Surrey Events Section

Eating out in Guildford Buy Local: Molly’s – Fine tea, coffee and cakes (Onslow Village Shops)

Discussion in ‘Eating out in Surrey‘ started by SurE, 4 Mar 2012.

1. SurE

SurE Surrey Resident

Buy Local: Molly’s – Fine tea, coffee and cakes (Onslow Village Shops)

Molly’s has recently opened in Onslow Village.

(for directions, it has now added to the Surrey Business Directory: http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/reviews/mollys-fine-tea-coffee-and-cakes-onslow-village-shops.820/)

It’s a great little shop not too far from Onslow Village tennis/park, Guildford Cathedral and quite near the research park and Surrey University

If you don’t mind the uphill walk to the shop, it’s well worth popping in (and to be fair, walking off the cake calories is probably a good idea)

Already, within a few days of opening they’ve gained a lot of attention
    I personally blame the way they’ve presented the cakes (who can walk past this shop, without looking at them and feeling the irresistible desire to walk in a buy one ;) )

If you enjoy walking, then Onslow village is a great little area to visit. The Onslow village tennis club/park is just around the corner (great for dogs and kids), the village hall is just across the road (there are often many local events are held there).

There’s also lots of car parking out side the front of the shop for those of you who find the hill a struggle

The owner of the shop seems like a friendly guy (A bit overwhelmed with learning the new till and multi-tasking with the mad rush of new customers, but I’m sure he’ll get the hang of it ;) )

So if you want to support your local community… forget going to a Franchise coffee shop which sells yucky run of the mill coffee in 101 different over priced variations, forget buying your tasteless waste-pre-packaged cake from your overgrow local shopping empire…. GO TO Molly’s and help you local community and savour the taste at the same time ;)

Pictures of Molly’s (and Molly’s cakes ;) ) below:

Attached Files:

Mike224 likes this.
  2. SurE

SurE Surrey Resident

Under their parent company (I believe the shop owner and his brother run this) they do deliveries for Business Lunches & Corporate Functions in Surrey

They have lots of menus:
    * Working Lunch in Surrey
    * Sandwich Menu
    * Premium Sandwich
    * Lunch Menu
    * Executive Lunch Menu
    * Chairman’s Lunch Menu
    * Canapé Menu

I’ve added this business Listing to the Surrey Business Directory (contact details are there)
    http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/reviews/surrey-cattering-green-tangerine.819/

You can visit the parent company here:
    Home
    Mike224 likes this.