1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,
    Please note, this area is for “General Things To Do In Surrey”
    If you have an event (with a date) or you’re looking for events in Surrey,
    try the Surrey Events Section

Eating out in Guildford Tudor Lounge – Guildford Cafe/Lounge/Bar

Discussion in ‘Eating out in Surrey‘ started by J_D, 23 Aug 2011.

1. J_D

J_D Surrey Resident

I’ve been living in Guildford for the past 3 years but have only just found this little gem.

http://www.tudorlounge.co.uk/

The Tudor lounge is a brilliant little venue full of atmosphere. The food was good, the staff were friendly and best of all in the evening they turn on their interactive table projectors and theme lighting. Basically in the ceiling above each table hides a projector and a sensor. So for example leafs maybe projected down to the table surface and when you move you hand across to grab your drink the leafs blow away from the motion… Pretty cool. Check it out.

The Tudor Lounge is hidden up the little ally on the High street that has Fahrenheit 55 and the side entrance to Sainsburys.
    Mike224 likes this.
  2. sandra

sandra Surrey Resident (new)

Popped in the Tudor Lounge tonite to have a glass of mulled wine and a sharing platter during the Christmas lighting ceremony. Interesting place and neat atmosphere. The seafood sharing platter was lovely too. We sat at a table that had the interactive table projector which was fun.

Bad point – the windows overlooking High Street were opened so people could look out at the festivities below. Whilst I had my head out the window, the window came down hard like a guillotine right on top of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a lump on my head and now my neck is throbbing. A couple people there saw it happen and asked if I was ok. I walked away holding my head….luckily I had aspirin in my handbag. You’d think after that they could’ve offered a glass of mulled wine on the house or something…. So word of caution, beware the windows if they are open, they are very treacherous.

I am curious though why one of the women’s toilet stalls contains TWO toilets? Wondering now if I was just seeing things do to the lump on my head?
  3. Mike224

Mike224 Surrey Forum Admin Staff Member

Ouch! I hope you’re okay… that definately deservers a mulled wine or two.
    That sounds like a health and safety issue… I think the manager would have been wise to load you up with surplus mulled wine and make you forget it ever happened. The high street was jammed packed, the streets were buzzing (as was your head by the sounds of things), so I imagine it was also busy in the Tudor Lounge (making it hard for staff to see the guillotine in action?)

I hope your head is okay now
    sandra likes this.
  4. sandra

sandra Surrey Resident (new)

Actually the Tudor Lounge was not so busy at that time as most people were still on the street watching the lights and the fireworks. I think one of the people who asked if I was ok may have been someone who worked there, I don’t know what the manager looks like as it was my first time there. I don’t know if the windows were shut after that – I guess I was a little too dazed and focused on my head to notice. Head still hurts today – I have a lump, but thanks for asking!
  5. pauline

pauline Surrey Resident (new)

Ouch… Hope you feel better very soon!!! Did you enjoy the lightning party? before the vicious window attack of course :(
    I was actually wondering if anyone had photos of the ceremony they’d like to share on the forum? I was there but forgot my camera…
  6. Mike224

Mike224 Surrey Forum Admin Staff Member

Great idea, they can post them in the Guildford section: http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/forums/guildford-discussions/

I’ve found their website: The Tudor longue
    Great find J_D, I’ll add it to the Buisness Directory soon…