1. Hi Guest,
    Please note, this area is for “General Things To Do In Surrey”
    If you have an event (with a date) or you’re looking for events in Surrey,
    try the Surrey Events Section

Surrey Where’s a good place for camping in Surrey (near / in Guildford)

Discussion in ‘Things To See, Things To Do in Surrey‘ started by surrey10, 9 Aug 2011.

1. surrey10

surrey10 Surrey Resident (new)

I’ve got a small 2-3 man tent and haven’t even put it up yet.

Are there any good place in/near Guildford. I need to be able to get there by bike / public or transport from Guildford
  2. pauline

pauline Surrey Resident (new)

I don’t know any "official" camping site in Guildford itself but there’s a camping site in East Horsley which is accessible by train from Guildford : Horsley Camping and Caravanning Club Site, Ockham Road North, East Horsley, Surrey, KT24 6PE. You can walk there from Horsley station so it seems convenient for car-free campers :)
  3. bbrian

bbrian Surrey Resident (new)

Check Etherly Farm, Fairoaks and Tanners Hatch . nice camping sites:)
  4. Alexpete80

Alexpete80 Surrey Resident (new)

People normally assume Surrey to be a small county or town but this untrue, the thing is that Surrey houses many beautiful landscapes just search out the following you will love it.

Henfold Lakes Fishery and Caravan Park

Little Almners / Walnut Tree Caravan Site
  5. Ann.J

Ann.J Surrey Resident (new)

Chartsey Camping site.

This long-established site (1926) is located on the banks of the River Thames, few minutes walk from the shops and amenities of Chertsey. A flagship site for the Club, it was totally restructured a few years ago at a cost of over £900k. There are 200 pitches including 56 new serviced pitches with hard standing and 16A electricity and 15 super service pitches which have TV aerial points, water and waste drainage. The work included a new road system, heated toilet blocks with facilities for disabled visitors, recreation hall and much more.
  6. JohnH

JohnH Surrey Resident (new)

There is a great place in East Grinstead – called Yoghurt Rooms. They have really nice yurts too.