Why do businesses fail online?

Discussion in ‘General Discussions‘ started by Jenny.seo, 3 May 2012.

1. Jenny.seo

Jenny.seo Surrey Resident (new)

Businesses do not fail online but the presentation of these business brands fail because few people have accessibility due to ignorance and poor marketing. With no visibility, businesses do not get the required traffic to convert to good sales. Therefore you require effective SEO techniques to make it work, to improve visibility of the brand and to improve opportunities online.
  2. FatCrow

FatCrow Surrey Resident

Um… Are you saying they do or don’t fail then? Bit unclear from your title and first sentence! Also, ignorance of what exactly? SEO is all well and good but it is simply a rankings effort, not the sale of the business products or service which will often be achieved through several media. I would caution against ANY business relying solely on SEO techniques for success.
  3. Jenny.seo

Jenny.seo Surrey Resident (new)

Well I have to agree with you on the count that it cannot be the SOLE technique. But we have to stop being ignorant to the fact that SEO gives us a face, the visibility much needed to attract the interested or the potential buyers. And the title was implied to reiterate that one of the main reasons businesses fail online is because of their lack of understanding on how to use SEO and SEM to their benefit. End of day its all about sales figures and if a method like SEO helps you achieve that then well, no reason there to ignore it then right? 😉
  4. Ann.J

Ann.J Surrey Resident (new)

Its about the product you conduct your business upon, consistent dedication and maintaining quality, being adaptive to changing demands, a big Yes to SEO or any effective marketing technique that helps you reach out and make people aware of your existence, but its also important that you remain consistent in your efforts.Nowadays the most popular method to keep active in the market is through SEO. along with that you must regard the fact that long term relation building with your existing customers and building credibility with potential customers will lead you to a stable success. Temporary income benefits are not as important as a pool of loyal customers is:)
  5. gates8888

gates8888 Surrey Resident (new)

You must first start off your business with a clearly stated vision statement. Then go about devising strategies to achieve that goal. SEO is one such strategy . You need quality maintenance, commitment and adaptibility as well for the business to survive:)
  6. bbrian

bbrian Surrey Resident (new)

3 rules in online businesses that matter:
    • Grab your customers
    • retain them
    • and maintain them:)
  7. Ann.J

Ann.J Surrey Resident (new)

Online world is fierce and real tough, the essence is the number of users landing on your website. Be smart use SEO and SMO deploy proper tools and tactics for link building and get users, increase your presence in the online world, let your brand serves your business, insane traffic will be blown to your site signifying the success of your brand that will let the business success
  8. jamee88

jamee88 Surrey Resident (new)

Online business require the proper deployment of strategies, here the landing of internet users is very important so the targeted area becomes techniques such as SEO, SMO SEO marketing, Content Development and Link building to very vital. Another important factor which is web design and professional webdesign with simple layout and user friendly navigation experience will win the best customer base.
  9. Joss

Joss Surrey Resident (new)

To succeed a business needs an idea, driven by determination and stamina. And a good finance base helps. The internet has the attraction of low start-up costs and easy access.
    However, with millions of new websites arriving annually, to be visible at all is an achievement. Anyone starting up now would do well to read "How to get to the top of Google" as an early part of their research. Next up, you must think what your customer wants and set out to match that as closely as you can. If you’re selling a physical product, then test the water with eBay or Gumtree. If you have a local service, Google adwords is a good way to find customers. I wouldn’t worry about the technical stuff in the back-room, just make sure the website is really functional. Free tools like those at feedthebot can help a great deal.
  10. poleski11

poleski11 Surrey Resident (new)

All the points that have made on this thread I would entirely agree with. What it comes down to is building your brand in a positive manner. That way, folks will find you through a variety of different online "routes" be it SEO, social media channels, YouTube vids, or whatever. I do however believe that SEO alone is enough to build a very successful business and many people do just that, day in and day out. Nevertheless, perhaps to rely on the vagaries of the likes of Google search is putting too many eggs into the one basket. It’s what I did for years, and I was eventually thumped – hard!
  11. William Lacey Group

William Lacey Group Surrey Resident (new)

I think the question to this post has a million and one awnsers.
  12. William Lacey Group

William Lacey Group Surrey Resident (new)

Over spending and not budgeting correctly lol
  13. calljoe

calljoe Surrey Resident (new)

I am a little lost in the world of; SEO, SMO & SEM. I have just started a traditional services business offer my own high standard skills to my local area, so far it has been a success and I have manages to keep the work coming in.
    My main strategy has been to build my own simple but eye catching website, set up a Facebook page and join as many local Forums as I can find. I have taken the time to interact with as many topics and threads on the forums as I can, this has given me good visibility and increased the hits to my website, I have also taken out as many free listings in directories like Yel & Thompson I can find.
    If anyone could offer further advice or explain the above SEO’s ext. I would be grateful.

Joe

If anyone would care to share a like for me here it would enable me to post my link, many thanks
    webbro-web-designs likes this.
  14. webbro-web-designs

webbro-web-designs Surrey Resident (new)

Hi Calljoe, I could give you a crash course on SEO for a small fee if you wish, I run webbro web designs, we are a freelance web design and development and seo business based in Surrey. I would love to share my secrets with you but that would be aweful business for me as we provide this service within our business.

I have also liked your post for you.

Thanks
  15. calljoe

calljoe Surrey Resident (new)

Many thanks Webbro,

I will read a little about it and I may well get in touch with you to discuss your fees shortly…
    Cheers
    Joe
  16. Stevejohn

Stevejohn Surrey Resident (new)

In such cases, enterprises that do not have full-fledged system architecture in place, the analytics services and solutions of a web application development company can be considered by the businesses.A web application development company empowers clients in formulating and implementing effective strategies for businesses in acquiring as well as retaining users for their mobile or web applications.